Why?


Search This Blog

Friday, March 27, 2015

Asterisk SIP Trunk to Vitelity

Asterisk SIP Trunk to Vitelity


To get your Asterisk server up with Centos 6.6 see my post at:

CENTOS 6.6 and Asterisk 11.15.0 Install

After you have your server up you will need to get an account at Vitelity:

Vitelity 

Its is a pretty simple process from there. Login into Vitelity site, under support, click Asterisk Support. They will give you two links personalized for your account.

Asterisk via Registration: sip.conf - extensions.conf 
 
All you do is enter the information in the sip.conf and extensions.conf as they state. Simple copy/paste action.

They give you the bare bones to register the inbound and outbound peers. They also give you an exten=> for your phone numbers. I was using three digit extensions and simply changed there defaults. The default they gave me was:

[inbound]
exten => 4803861111,1,Answer

I changed this to:

exten => 4803861111,1,Dial(SIP/100)
exten => 4803861111,n,Hangup

This allows me to register my phone as extension 100 and receive inbound calls from 4803861111 on extension 100.





No comments:

Post a Comment