Why?


Search This Blog

Friday, January 8, 2016

Centos 6.6 additional packages I use for new builds

Centos 6.6 additional packages I use for new builds

After I lay down a Centos 6.6 minimal install I add the additional packages as they are very useful and I always wind up adding them at one point or another anyway.

# yum install bind-utils traceroute system-config-network-tui net-tools ntp* gcc

Then I normally disable selinux, turn off firewall, and enable ntpd

# chkconfig iptables off
# chkconfig ntpd on
# vi /etc/sysconfig/selinux
          SELINUX=disabled

Then I update the system and reboot.

# yum -y update
# reboot

I am ready to start setting it up for its intended purpose. If you work with vm images this is a good time to snapshot the image for future use needing fresh installs.


No comments:

Post a Comment